Tuesday 10 November 2015

location Recce

The night before the shoot I decided to visit the locations to work out their suitability for shooting. I discovered a lot in this trip. I firstly visit ed the Tate modern, where i realised that shooting here was not possible. There was a large exhibition in the centre which would look very interesting on camera although left much less space to dance, there was insufficient lighting, people everywhere, and and shooting permit was required to film here. Therefore I walked around southbank to find some more places that would provide a good backdrop for the dance. 

I took a look at some areas down southbank and captured in interesting picture of a great spot lookng out over the thames, st pauls and millenium bridge. I could visualise the dance taking place here. The only issue would be controlling the people. We will need to ensure no pedestrians walk into the frame and disturb our filming because this will ruin the shot and slow down our filming process.





The tide was in as I scouted the locations, revealing the beach. I though this may be interesting place to film, close to the water. However I couldn't guarantee whether the tide would be in or out the next day. Furthermore i discussed this location with the dancers and they said it would be difficult for them to execute their movements on this rough pebble beach, therefore this location is not likely to be used. 

It soon became quite dark and was then difficult to find more locations. However we have planned to arrive early to the shoot in order to organise where else we can film.

No comments:

Post a Comment